Style tip: Try retro side swept bun
How to achieve the 1940’s glamour style…
- Step One: Tip your hair upside down whilst drying to achieve extra volume.
- Step Two: Take a pintail or sectioning comb and create a deep side parting on the right side of the head.
- Step Three: Insert ten large Velcro rollers working your way from the top of the head. Ensure that you roll inwards for that extra lift and spray with hairspray for a good hold.
- Step Four: After leaving the rollers in for at least one hour, remove the rollers and gently brush out the curls with a comb.
- Step Five: Tuck hair behind the left ear and finish by adding a very small amount of serum or argon oil to the rest of the hair for that beautiful healthy finish.
- How to achieve the side swept retro bun:
- Step One: Once you have washed and thoroughly brushed your hair, divide it into two sections, ensuring your hair is smooth and detangled. Start combing your hair from the bottom, eventually coming upwards and spray your hair with some heat protection lotion.
- Step Two: Blow dry your hair then brush it into an extreme side parting. You’re aiming for a natural and vintage look so don’t be afraid to use your fingers instead of a comb. No straight lines are needed for this look.
- Step Three: Having your side swept fringe done, you should now focus on the texture of your hair. Give your roots a boost by spraying some salt spray and just using your fingers, muss up your hair.
- Step Four: Pull some of your fringe towards the back of your head then tie it in a ponytail.
- Step Five: Now twist the ponytail into a bun and use a hair grip and bobby pins to fix it in place. Use strong hairspray on your hair to make it last longer and add a subtle shine to it.